Mr. R. Nazareno is the ARC Counselor who will be advising our CECA students on Thursday mornings. Please take time, on a regular basis, to read the information and posts provided by Mr. Nazareno.
To learn more about Mr. Nazareno, please click the following link. Mr. Nazareno’s Brief Bio
There are 113 California Community Colleges. The California Community College system is made up of 2.1 million students. You can earn an associate degree, a certificate, or transfer to a university through the California Community College system. Students attend the community college for professional growth and professional training. Most colleges offer “distant education” or online courses. Some campuses even offer opportunities to study abroad. Courses are taught by experienced instructors/professors and classes are much smaller in size compared to their university counterparts.
The California State University System is the most diverse and the most affordable university system in the country. There are 23 campuses that embody 460,000 students and 47,000 faculty and staff. Students can earn their bachelor’s degrees and graduate degrees from the California State University.
The UC System is made up 10 campuses that embody more than 238,000 students and more than 190,000 faculty and staff. They are known for their education and research. “UC’s faculty are the drivers behind innovations in biotechnology, computer science, art and architecture.” Students can earn their bachelor’s degree and graduate degrees from the University of California.
- TAKING ON A NEW CHALLENGE IN NUSD: - Dear CECA Family, It has been a professional highlight working with an idea in my head for a Early College Program at Inderkum High School, and to see it mature and blossom on Wednesday evening as we witnessed the first CECA Graduating Class of 2017. Now that CECA is in a great spot, I’m taking […]
- ARC 2017 SUMMER SESSION(S): - ARC Summer Session 1 and 2 Information: Start Date: June 5, 2017 End Date: July 28, 2017 See ARC link below for specific details. ARC Summer Sessions
- CECA NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION SET FOR MAY 3, 2017. - CECA NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION SET FOR MAY 3, 2017, FROM 6 PM TO 7 PM, IN THE INDERKUM H.S. THEATER. When: May 3, 2017 Time: 6 PM to 7 PM Where: Inderkum Theater
- SELECTION PROCESS BEGINS FOR THE 2017-2018 ON WEDNESDAY. - On Wednesday the selection process begins for the 2017-2018 school year. COMPLETED applications will be analyzed using the CECA Acceptance Criteria that was formulated by the CECA Program Partnerships–ARC, AVID, and the CECA Program Leadership at Inderkum High School.
- ARC COUNSELOR DAYS FOR FEBRUARY 2017: - ARC Counselor February Days: February 2nd February 9th February 16th. Update from CECA: Mr. Van Nort & Mr. Nazareno will be meeting with 10th Grade CECA students on February 2nd to complete ARC applications as they ramp up for their ARC Assessments on February 10th.
- ARC PLACEMENT TEST DATES FOR CECA 10 & RETAKES. - All CECA 10 students will take the ARC Placement Test. The ARC Placement Test assesses the student’s Writing, Reading, and Math skill levels. Friday, February 10, 9AM to 12PM: CECA 10 Friday, February 10, 12PM to 3PM: CECA 10 Friday, February 24, 9AM to 12PM: CECA 11 (retakes)
- NO SCHOOL ON 1/16/17–CELEBRATING THE LIFE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. - School will be closed on Monday (1/16/17) to honor the life and accomplishments of MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.
- FYI: ARC’S SPRING SEMESTER STARTS NEXT WEEK. - The 2017 Spring Semester at American River College begins next week. Many of our CECA students are taking ARC classes this Spring!!!
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! SCHOOL RESUMES ON JANUARY 9, 2017! - Reminder–The Second Semester of the CECA Program at Inderkum High School begins on 1/9/2017. Regular Bell Schedule. ARC SPRING 2017 SEMESTER BEGINS ON 1/14/17.
- SEASON’S GREETINGS FROM CECA STAFF & STUDENTS!!! - On behalf of all CECA students, staff, and stakeholders, I want to wish everyone Season’s Greetings with all good wishes for the New Year. May you and yours enjoy a peaceful Winter Break. REMINDER: The Second Semester begins on January 9, 2017.